Thursday, February 8, 2007

Caught !

Today I was driving on the road leading to Spencer's plaza and the cops caught me. Since my bike is registered in Delhi, I thought I would have to shell out some 1500 bucks and get my bike impounded. But surprise ... the cop caught me for driving in the bus lane and I paid just 100. For the first time in my life I have heard that you could be fined for driving in the bus lane.

I tried using my power of influence to somehow get him on my side and not pay the fine but I failed miserably. I told him that I am a mere sales trainee with limited resources and am new to Chennai. I also asked if this is how they treated their guests. I gave him all the gyaan about not knowing the rules and being careful in the future but he was not ready to listen to anything. Then I used the last trick in my bag and said actually I was searching for an address and that's why I was driving in the slow lane and this time he stared at me. I thought I better get myself fined before he impounds my bike and I am left stranded in heat without a bike.

And no he didn't check any other necessary documents that I should have had on the bike. In all thumbs up to Chennai traffic police. They are so much better than cops on Delhi roads.

1 comment:

Neha Singhvi said...

Dnt think tat these r better here.
Now a days they r jus catching guys to get money.
I heard frm my frnd tat he was waiting at tragffic signal n a traffic policeman came n sided him n says we r fining u with 1000 rupees coz u were overspeeding ... lol
I dnt understand if i shud laugh or get irritated.
same happened to me.. waiting on a signal n was in hurry .. he comes n ask me to come to the side then asking abt license n insurance papers .. without any reason he asks for 1000 bucks fine n pretends to call his boss tat this gal is not hving insurance renewd papers so n so .. n he tuk all money i had with me n tats 170/- :)
another 500/- note was not visible to him in my purse so was saved :)

so be careful.. if he jus asks u to come to him frm far thn first take out yr key n keep with u then only go to him ... these ppl r catching ppl unnecessarily waiting on signal